Professional Practices Assignment
Position-tailored Résumé and Cover Letter
Select a job listing that requires 3D modeling and texturing abilities and write a version of your résumé and a cover letter both tailored to suit that position.
- Research careers that require skill in 3D modeling and texture painting.
- Identify 3-5 online listings for relevant jobs and select the one that interests you most.
- Write a résumé and cover letter tailored to the position selected.
- Submit hard copies and PDF copies of 1. your tailored cover letter, 2. tailored résumé, and 3. the detailed job listing you are responding to.
Details and Expectations
- Cover letter should be one (1) page only and include your name, contact information, date, appropriate salutations and portfolio link(s).
- Cover letter should include the title (and number, if any) of the position you are responding to.
- Cover letter should clearly state your interest and two or three of your main qualifications (i.e. education, experience, and skills).
- Résumé should be 1-2 pages and include your name, contact information and key headings: Education, Experience, Skills, and Portfolio Link.
- Cover letter and résumé should be neatly formatted, spell-checked, reviewed and and proof-read by at least one peer.
- Job listing should be reproduced as closely as possible to the format in which it was posted online or advertised.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
- University Career Services — Writing a Résumé — Sample Résumés — Cover Letters — Writing a Powerful Cover Letter
- BYU Writing Center — Résumés — Cover Letters
- Marriott School Business Career Center — Résumé — Cover Letter — Sample Cover Letter
- Humanities Advisement Career Workshops